Customer focus is a pivotal element of the Pirelli Group’s Values and Ethics Code, and is based on Pirelli’s continuous commitment in terms of:
- comprehension of the market context in which the Group operates;
- consideration of the impact of the Group’s actions and behaviour on the customer;
- exploitation of every opportunity offered by doing business to satisfy the customer’s needs;
- anticipation of customer needs;
- top product quality, in addition to excellence of production systems and processes;
- constant focus on performance to satisfy customer performance and safety expectations;
- excellence and competitiveness on the market to offer customers quality products and services that are capable of fully satisfying their demands.
The above commitments are also set out in the General Conditions of Supply applied by Group companies In accordance with this focus on customer care, Pirelli also adopted a clear procedure to grant a feedback to any customer claim, which provides for immediate action in dealings with the interlocutor.
Pirelli has received numerous accolades for the quality of its products from important and prestigious clients. In 2014, it won the BMW Supplier Innovation Award 2014, the prize that the German company awards each year to those of its supplier companies which have distinguished themselves for their ability to innovate. An award was given to Pirelli for “Best Innovation in Quality” for the Real Dynamic Curing technology, applied in the process of vulcanisation of rubber. This technology, used by Pirelli at its plants, allows precise determination of the optimal degree of vulcanisation of each tyre using a thermal sensor.
Pirelli in 2014 also received the prestigious “Excellence in Logistics” award from Hyundai for its excellent performance in terms of delivery, flexibility and proven quality, and the Toyota Regional Contribution Award for excellent performance shown in terms of the ability to satisfy demand.